|Monday, 2/26||Knowledge Bowl @ FMS – 3:30
8th Boys Basketball District Tournament @ Liberty MS
|Tuesday, 2/27||Freshman Open House (all High Schools) 6:00 – 8:00
Girls Basketball vs. Skybridge 3:30 (8th @ FMS)
|Wednesday, 2/28||ILT Workgroup Meetings – After School
Knowledge Bowl @ Skyridge – 3:30
Girls Basketball vs. Wy’East 3:30 (7th @ FMS)
|Thursday, 3/1||BAT Meeting @ 7:15 — Room 37
8th Grade High School Tours
Knowledge Bowl @ FMS – 3:30
Girls Basketball vs. Shahala – 3:30 (8th @ FMS)
|Friday, 3/2||Frontier Gear!|
8th Grade High School Tour – Thursday, 3/1
On Thursday, 3/1, 8th graders will be embarking on their annual high school tours. Similar to last year, students will visit their forecasted high school to learn about the high school experience, forecasting, and visit classrooms at Heritage, Union, and HeLa. This is a fun event for students to experience their next step in the Evergreen journey, but we do need your help. Chris Turner is working to get all of the field trip forms collected and compiled into bus rosters. Students will be given particular bus and our chaperones will have the bus rosters/names as students enter/exit the bus to/from Frontier.
Details are below:
- When: Thursday, March 1st.
- HELA: Bus departs at 11:10 and returns to Frontier at 2:15
- Heritage: Bus departs at 12:00 and returns to Frontier at 2:20
- Union: Bus departs at 12:00 and returns to Frontier at 2:15
- What does it mean for us:
- We will follow an adjusted schedule on March 1st before departing for the HS trips. We will send this to you ahead of time to plan.
- Teachers/counselors/administrators are needed to chaperone the event as we travel to/from FMS to each HS. I have placed teachers with the following schools:
- Heritage (130): Artz, BB, Rupprecht, Mortensen, Trone, Dillon, Admin
- UHS (110): Nedved, Brookes, Sylvester, Counselor, Turner, Admin
- HELA (16): TBD, Counselor
- Groups will be assigned to buses with chaperones. Like in the past, we will number the buses and provide attendance rosters for each bus to ensure students depart/arrive accordingly. Chris Turner will be compiling this information and sharing it with you.
- Permission slips?
- Chris Turner will reach out to you about this. While we will be providing paper copy permission slips that Chris will collect/compile, parents also have the option of completing the permission slips (signing off and approving) online via Skyward. This has created another layer of data mining to ensure all kids are ready to go, but we will figure it out.
- What about kids that don’t turn in slips/are not forecasted to one of our highschools?
- We will make arrangements for all students to either attend or remain at Frontier under the supervision of adults in the building. Our goal is 100% attendance.
|Depart from MS||Arrive at HS||Depart from HS||Arrive at MS||# Students||Accommodations & # buses|
|Frontier to HELA||11:10 AM||11:40 AM||1:45 PM||2:15 PM||19||1 bus|
|Frontier to HHS||12:00 PM||12:20 PM||2:00 PM||2:20 PM||131||3 buses|
|Frontier to UHS||12:00 PM||12:20PM||1:55PM||2:15 PM||110||3 buses|
What will happen to our Conference Days?
At this point, I don’t have any firm news. I know there are discussions of making these days up and when those dates arise, I will be sure to communicate that with you all. Should those dates surface, we will need to come together as a staff and decide if we want to pursue the Conferences in the Round format again.
Stay tuned and when I hear more information I will keep you posted!
- 2/27 – John Steach visit @ 9:00
- 3/1 – 8th Grade High School Visits – Heritage, Union, HeLa
- 3/5 – Incoming 5th Grade Forecasting Night – 5:30 – 6:30
- 3/7 – 3/9 – Sam Bennett Residency Lab @ FMS
- 3/7 – Early Release PD
- 3/14 – Superintendent Classroom Visits (w/ School Board members) 8:30 – 10:30
- 3/21 – Early Release PD