Parent Group Meeting – 6:30 PM in Media Center
|Wednesday, 1/10||ILT Meetings – After School
8th Boys Basketball vs. Wy’East @ FMS – 3:30
|Thursday, 1/11||BAT Meeting @ 7:15 — Room 37
Band Concert @ 7:00 – Student Center
|Friday, 1/12||Frontier Gear!|
Silverback Pride Awards
On Tuesday, students receiving academic and Silverback P.R.I.D.E. (Perseverance, Resilience, Initiative, Dedication and Effort) awards. Please excuse students to the student center when announced. Awards will take place at the following times:
- 6th/7th – 8:30 in the Student Center
- 8th – 1:45 in the Student Center
Thank you for taking time to recognize our hardworking Silverbacks!
ILT Meeting – Wednesday
Just a reminder, Wednesday will be ILT meetings. Please be sure to join your group as you continue working on your action plan. You should all have access to the feedback provided on the Google Docs from our December shareout. To access, please go to the Frontier MS ItsLearning page.
Technology Support Update (Please Read)
Please see Marshall’s email below regarding technology issues, particularly involving student password troubleshooting:
Following are some common issues that students are experiencing in the use of their Chromebooks.
All of them are simple to address and can be done in the classroom by the student:
- Computer won’t turn on (likely issue is that it is not charged).
- Have the student plug their Chromebook in for 5 minutes and see if it will turn on.
- Verify that the cord is plugged in correctly
- Computer is not functioning properly (Chromebook needs to be restarted)
- Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds to fully shut the machine down.
- Restart the Chromebook.
- Setting/Resetting the Password on the Chromebook
- Skyward Password Reset
If you would like to reset a student password, follow these directions:
In the event that the above do not resolve the problem consider the following:
- Call 7034 to see if Angie Lantagne is available to help the student in room #34.
- Email Angie Lantagne with the student’s name so she can follow up with them when she is available.
- Do not send students to room 34 without connecting with Angie first.
- If you notice a student without their device for multiple days please ask them where it is.
- Send an email to Angie to follow up if it continues to be forgotten.
For teacher technology issues, please submit a remedy force ticket to IT
Happy Birthday from the Sunshine Committee!
Please take a moment to celebrate the January birthdays of these amazing Silverbacks!
Morgan Schmitz 1/2
Michele Kerr 1/2
Suzanne Borchers 1/5
Amanda Godsil 1/10
Cynthia Dittos 1/13
Anthony Kay 1/25
Anna Sylvester 1/27
Notable Upcoming Dates
- Monday, 1/15 – No School (MLK Day)
- Wednesday, 1/17 – Early Release PD –> we will be working on our Personalized Learning Plans during this time. Please give yourself time to re-acclimate with your PLP before 1/17.
- Wednesday, 1/24 – Staff Meeting (TBA)
- Wednesday 1/24 & Thursday 1/25 – Frontier School Play – Crimson House Mystery
- Monday, 1/29 – Non work-day (unless snow makeup day)