|Tuesday, 10/3||Cross County @ Pacific – 3:30|
|Wednesday, 10/4||ILT Workgroups – 1st Meeting – after school in Media Center
Football @ Liberty – 3:30
|Thursday, 10/5||BAT Meeting @ 7:15 — Room 37
|Friday, 10/6||College Gear|
Just like that, September is over in a flash! In the month of September, we accomplished a great deal! We wrote context letters about what matters most, we discovered our true colors, we spent time building relationships with students as the school year kicked off, battled ashpocolypse, initiated our Personalized Learning Plans, deployed 815 Chromebooks, chose ILT workgroups, battled I-Ready, and set the tone for our work as a building this year. Quite a bit in just one month!!! I appreciate all of the amazing effort that you all put into your work day in and day out. It truly makes a difference! Bring on the Fall!
Week in Review
- On Tuesday, newly appointed Superintendent John Steach was in the building visiting classrooms. Steach and Co. were particularly impressed with the level of community established between student/teacher throughout the building. He said it was clear that teachers were taking the time to get to know their students. Discourse, collaboration, and – of course – technology dotted the landscape as we saw students engaging in a variety of learning opportunities.
- On Wednesday, staff took to various tech learning opportunities fielded by our Ed-Tech TOSAs as well as our own Mr. Allen. Many of you learned new skills or refined previous ones. Thank you for taking the time to grow in your ability to blend technology into the learning environment.
Motivational Monday – Letter to our 1st Year Selves
This motivation stems from the incredibly helpful nature that so many of you have. We have several new teachers in the building and I have been very impressed by how much you have gone out of your way to support our newest Silverbacks. This reminds me of the terrific video below. We all remember what it was like as we entered this wonderful world.
ILT Groups Begin – Wednesday, 10/4
On Wednesday, 10/4, ILT Groups will kickoff in the Media Center. Please bring your Surface Pro to the meeting, as groups will be completing their Action Plans located in ItsLearning.
Parent Teacher Conferences!
When and Where:
- Tuesday, October 17th from 12:30 – 3:00 (centralized locations: 6th grade teachers – rooms 1, 2, 3, 7th grade teachers – rooms 10, 11, 12, 8th grade teachers – media center)
- Thursday, October 19th from 12:30 – 3:00 (centralized locations are the same)
- Conferences in the Round – Thursday, October 19th from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM in the large gymnasium
Who to conference with:
- Any student not succeeding in your class
- Poor behavior
- Low grades (D/F)
- Students you are concerned about in general
As in the past, we will use our Google Spreadsheet to schedule and track our conferences. The spreadsheet can be located here.
10/13 – In-Service Day Reminder
Just a reminder that Friday, 10/13, will be a district-wide In-Service. In order to receive compensation for this day, you must be participating in a district-approved training opportunity. Last week, I sent out an email describing how to sign up for the EPS Academy, which offers a number of training opportunities related to either new curriculum or new initiatives around personalized learning. Sign-in sheets will be located at these trainings, so be sure to sign in! For more information, see my email sent on 9/28. To sign up for a training, visit https://epsacademy2017.sched.com